Coconuts are one of those foods that has the most euphoric smell and taste on the planet. The coconut is used in everything from creams, sunscreens, to water and milk, to candles, to shampoos, to soaps, to baking and cooking, to candy and ice cream and even in your favorite alcoholic beverages. Everybody loves the delicious, sweet, exotic taste of the coconut!!
Coconut oil doesn’t quite have the same taste as a coconut, but it is loaded with benefits and has many uses.
Check out these top 5 everyday uses for Coconut Oil:
1. Healthy Hair : Coconut oil is amazing for your hair. It helps in healthy growth of hair and gives your hair a shiny quality, helps with re-growth of damaged hair and provides the essential proteins required for nourishing and healing damaged hair. You can even massage Coconut oil into your head to get rid of a dry scalp and dandruff. How about them coconuts!!!
2. Sensational Skin: Coconut oil is a safe and natural oil that is great for dry skin or to prevent dry skin. It also helps fight the appearance of wrinkles and the signs of aging, it even helps to treat various skin problems such as psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema and other skin infections. Your legs or face will love it after a shave — so soothing!! Coconut oil is a staple massage oil for many massage therapists.
3. Culinary Cooking: Coconut oil doesn’t break down easily at high temperatures like other oils and it doesn’t go rancid easily, so it can easily replace other oils. The sweet, nutty taste and the creamy texture make it great addition to your smoothies. Coconut oil is a staple in a raw, vegan kitchen for many raw desserts. Well, it is in mine!!
4. Deals with Digestion: Coconut oil helps improve your digestive system. The Saturated fats in coconut oil have antimicrobial properties that help you combat harmful bacteria, fungi, and parasites that can cause indigestion. Coconut oil delivers a very good deal, I would say!!
5. Helps with Healing: Place coconut oil on a wound and it forms a protective layer on the infected area, it also speeds up the healing process of damaged tissues. Hail to the mighty coconut!!
It is obvious to see why this amazing oil should be in every room of your home…check out these product recommendations:
1. Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
Nutiva Extra Virgin coconut oil is certified organic and non-GMO. It is cold-press so it retains its vital nutrients and delicate fats. It is never bleached, refined and chemicals aren’t added. It is pure white, creamy fresh coco-nutty flavor and aroma of unrefined, chemical free coconuts. It will liquefy at 76 degrees Fahrenheit, and will return to solid at lower temperatures.
2. Nature’s Way Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
Nature’s Way Coconut oil is certified organic, Non-GMO, pure extra virgin, cold pressed, hexane-free, unrefined, non-bleached, has zero trans fat and zero hydrogenated fat.
3. Barlean’s Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
Barlean’s coconut oil is cold pressed fresh,100% organic, extra-virgin coconut oil that is hand selected, picked fresh and harvested at the peak of flavor and nutritional value.
Always consult a medical professional before taking any supplements.