These are hella tasty and – as always – super healthy. The ice cream is literally just bananas, the brownie sandwich is walnuts and dates, and the chocolate coating is full of super foods! CAN THIS SITUATION BE IMPROVED IN ANY WAY? The answer is no. Except with the addition of kittens, but this should be assumed at all times.
Raw Ice Cream Sandwich [Vegan]
- 1 cup walnuts or oats
- 1 cup dates
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
For the ice cream
For the chocolate coating
- 1/4 cup melted cacao butter
- 1 tablespoon baobab powder
- 1-2 tablespoons lucuma powder
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup or other preferred sweetener
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Pulse the walnuts (or oats) into powder in your food processor.
- Add the dates and cacao powder and process until it all starts sticking together.
- Press half of this mixture into the bottom of small lined bread pan. This will be the bottom half of both of your sandwiches.
To make the ice cream
- Blend the bananas in a high speed blender for a minute until they suddenly become a smooth, creamy, white soft serve mixture.
- Spread onto your bottom brownie layer then stick in the freezer until solid (a few hours). Press the remaining half of your brownie mixture on top of this then put back in the freezer.
To make the chocolate
- Whisk all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour into a tall bowl so you can dip as much of your sandwiches in as possible.
- Take out the bread pan from the freezer and take out the brownie/ice cream sandwich. Cut it in half.
- Stick popsicle sticks into each one and then dip in the chocolate coating. Throw them back in the freezer one last time so the chocolate hardens. They’re best when you let them thaw for 10-15 minutes so the ice cream softens.