Do you crave strong holiday flavors? Try these vegan Mini Molasses Bundt Cakes. The perfect treat any afternoon.
Mini Molasses Bundt Cakes [Vegan]
- 7-ounces fancy molasses
- 1 3/4-ounces vegan butter
- 8 3/4-ounces all-purpose flour
- 1/4-ounce baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3-ounces ground almonds (roasted)
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Icing sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- While the oven is preheating, place the ground almonds on a parchment paper lined baking tray and place in the oven until roasted (color changes to a light brown). Once you can smell the almonds take them out of the oven, you don’t want to burn them.
- Prepare the mini bundt cakes by greasing the inside with vegan butter and dust with flour.
- Mix the apple cider vinegar with the soy milk – you want to make your own vegan buttermilk.
- Start melting the butter and the molasses in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Take off the heat and cool down. Once cooled, add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, almonds and the buttermilk directly into the sauce-pan and mix well.
- Divide the sticky batter into the small bundt cakes and bake for about 20-30 mins.
- Take them out of the oven and cool down for a few minutes before turning the mini bundt cakes out of the cake tins.
- Dust with icing sugar and enjoy.
For a larger cake, double the recipe and use a 12-inch loaf pan. Bake for about 50 – 60 minutes.
Per one cake Calories: 678 | Carbs: 117 g | Fat: 17 g | Protein: 13 g | Sodium: 163 mg | Sugar: 50 g
Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.